• Echoes of Erin
  • Sundays 12:30PM - 2:00PM
  • WEDO Radio 810AM

One hundred thousand welcomes to you to my official blog of all things Irish from me, Diane Byrnes, host of the Echoes of Erin radio show on WEDO Radio 810AM.

Sunday, June 01, 2014

It is About Time for Another Posting!

Hello Friends,

It has been ions since I have posted to my blog and so many things have happened since last October 2013. 

The program 'Echoes of Erin' on WEDO 810AM is now in its 27th year and it is amazing that I AM still here broadcasting; may it and me last a long so as to continue this journey.

In 2013 I had a fundraiser to raffle a hand made violin by Peter Shovlin, Sr.  It was beautiful!  The person who won was Cian Dalton, originally from County Clare; his family moved to British Columbia, Cian and his brother then went off to California.  In Cian's journey, he came to Pittsburgh for a few years.  While here he earned his living working as an engineer, he also played Gaelic Football for the Pittsburgh Celtics and he was professional boxer, at least working towards that achievement.

Cian and his manager Mick McAuley came on the program last July, purchased tickets for the violin, then went about their business.  The drawing was held at Samhain, the Celtic New Year Celebration and another fundraiser for the program; Cian's name was drawn as the winner.  Now it just so happens, Cian's mother is a musician on the fiddle; Cian passed his winnings on to his mother and I hope she is playing it wildly and with passion.  It was a beautiful instrument.  Had I won it, it would have been a piece of art on my walls.  However I did not purchase a ticket.

Here we are in the springtime of 2014 and there is much ahead.  I will make a concerted effort to continue posting here on my blog.

Thanks for reading,
Diane




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home